Polish Change Versus Pedicure – What is the difference, and which is better?
Polish change is simply nailed color change done on the hands and feet while a full pedicure involves full treatment of the feet where the excess overgrown cuticle skin that surrounds the toenails are gotten rid of, all the dead thick callused skin is taken off the bottom of the feet, the nails are buffed, cut and filed into perfection, the feet are massaged with cream and then the toenails are polished. Polish change is a mini manicure and pedicure offered by almost all spas and nail salons; it has to do with the removal of the old polish and the application of a new one. This service is quite affordable and when you’re trying to minimize cost, save money or simply too busy to make an extra stop at a salon, polish change is a dry quick way to fix up your nails. It doesn’t take more than ten minutes, unlike pedicure that takes about an hour to fix.
Before going to a special event, polish change is a quick, easy and affordable way to get gussied up and enhance attractiveness. Perhaps there are no spas or nail salons around you, you can do a polish change yourself and still look beautiful and elegant. Pedicure, on the other hand, is refreshing, enjoying and a comfortable way to pamper yourself and it includes polishing of the toes nails which is the final step of the whole procedure. Pedicure keeps your feet looking young, beautiful, makes the feet smell nice, rids the feet of fungal infection, enhances joint circulation and joint mobility, and reduces tension, stress, and stiffness. Some particular polish change might cost a little extra as there are a variety of special designs and their prices differ from each other.
Polish change can be done on your natural fingernails and toenails and it can also be done on artificial nails be it acrylic nails, gel nails or silk nails. Nail polishes are applied to decorate and protect the nail plates. They help suppress cracking and flaking and they come in a diverse variety of colors, types, shades and art designs such as speckled, flaked, crackled, holographic, glitter and iridescent.
Why You Need A Polish Change And Pedicure
Although nail polish change seems insignificant, it facilitates self-expression and makes you feel good about yourself. It gives you self-esteem and boosts your confidence. Below are several reasons why you need a polish change.
- Nail polish may induce nail growth. Some people have nails that are weak and take forever to grow while others are just lucky to have nails that grow really fast and don’t seem to break. Consistent nail polish change can help in nail growth as some nail polish contains chemicals that can induce nail growth.
- Nail polish makes the nails stronger and prevents nails from breaking, splitting or cracking. Nail polish contains thickening agents which help to harden the nails thereby preventing them from breaking.
- Nail polish helps in restoring moisture to the nails.
- Nail polish makes the nails look extremely smooth and beautiful and reduces the appearance of ridges that can appear on unbuffed nails. It gives the nails a really smooth appearance depending on the type of polish used. Some polish gives a really glossy appearance, some others give a dull but chic look.
- It prevents you from biting your nails. Having nail polish on has been proven quite effective in its prevention of making ladies feast on their nails as it hardens the nails making it difficult to chew.
- Nail polish helps form a hardened barrier over your nails thereby preventing chipping, scratching and peeling.
Types Of Nail Polish
Asides the regular top coat and the base coat, there’s a lot of nail polish in fashion and here’s a list of some nail polish you may want to explore.
- Gel polish lasts longer than regular nail polish. It can last as long as two weeks with proper application and home care.
- Matte polish is used in nail art applications and has a dull finish as opposed to a shine giving it a different appearance.
- Shellac is similar to gel polish and is also amazing for its durability.
- French manicures are well known for their color schemes and are designed to look like natural nails.
Timeframe For Polish Change And Pedicures
Polish change takes less than 15 minutes to complete while standard pedicures typically take between 30 to 45 minutes. Some salons and spas offer deluxe pampering that lasts 60 minutes.
How Long You Should Leave Your Nail Polish On
Most ladies do not pay attention to removing nail polish, especially those on the toes since they are not really exposed and get hidden in shoes. When they do remember, the nails may have discolored and chipped off leaving white marks. The durability of a nail polish depends on the kind of polish used. Regular nail polish can last for about 5 to 7 days before it starts getting noticeably chipped while gel nail polish can stay for as long as 2 weeks. So you shouldn’t leave your regular nail polish on for too long and you can even make it a weekend ritual making you glamorous always.
How Long Does A Pedicure Last?
Depending on factors such as harsh weather conditions and the type of pedicure, a pedicure will last for at least 3 weeks and maybe longer.
How Much Will Getting A Polish Change And A Pedicure Cost Me?
A polish change is something almost everyone can afford and is offered by almost all spas and nail salons. A polish change costs between $5to $15 at most salons. The typical cost for a standard pedicure in small range shops is between $15 to $25 and $25to $35 for a deluxe pedicure. At spas and salons of mid-range, a standard pedicure costs between $35 to $40 while a deluxe pedicure ranges between $45 to $60. For high range spas such as hotel or resort spas, a standard pedicure ranges between $45 to $50 3and a deluxe pedicure ranges between $75 to $135. Extra charges may apply when getting a polish change with paraffin wax treatment and when getting nails with specialty designs.
Check out this video;
Please leave comments to tell us about your different experiences with these two services.