How to Use OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner – For All Nail Art Lovers!
Girls will agree that it is quite upsetting when they want to use one of their favorite nail colors and get to know that it has dried and cannot be used anymore. Moreover, it gets even more disturbing when you have to buy the same color even though you hardly used the one you had in the first place. In case you’re facing similar trouble, don’t rush and relax. As long as you have a nail polish thinner to rescue your old and damaged nail polishes, you need not worry at all!
Information about nail polish thinner
Don’t mistake it for acetone, this isn’t a nail polish remover, it is a nail polish thinner! This product is used when your existing nail polish has dried or thickened or has become a bit sticky. The product is required to be put by a dropper into the nail polish bottle, which then helps it to become thin and usable. Not only does it save
Must know tips and trick to thin your polish without using a thinner!
Let’s say, you are ready to attend a party and just realize that the nail color you want to use has thickened and you’re out of nail polish thinner as well! In such a case, you need to know a few
Some tricks to restore your nail polish!
- Take a pan, fill it with water and let it boil. Once the water starts to boil remove the pan from the stove and after a few seconds place the bottle of polish into it. Remember, that the top of the bottle should remain out of the water and only the glass part should be under the hot water. Now, after you have left the bottle inside for about a min, remove it and rub it in between both your palms. You will be surprised to see the results; the once thickened polish will be much thinner and easy to apply as well.
- Next is to add a few drops of acetone to your dried or thickened nail color. Although, it is advisable not to use acetone for thinning nail polish
butin case of an emergency you could use this option to thin your nail polish. The reason why most manicure “Guru’s” advice you not to use acetone is, that the end result is not as good as it would have been if you used a proper nail polish thinner. However, it surelydoes make the nail polish thinner and better for application than it would have been otherwise. Moreover, do make sure you just add 2-3 drops of acetone and not more as you might ruin the entire color if you added more acetone than required.
- Another trick is to use hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to thin your thickened nail polish color. You need to follow the same steps as mentioned above for using acetone for thinning nail polish.
Some tips to keep your nail polish everlasting!
By following a few simple tips you would save a lot of time as well as money at the same time would be able to extend the lifespan of your nail polishes. So, do keep these few simple but very effective tips in mind to prolong the lifespan of your loved and favorite nail colors!
- Nail polishes remain in excellent condition if they are kept in the refrigerator, so if you happen to have some space for your nail polish to be kept in, it would be the best thing to do.
- Always keep your nail polishes in a cool and fresh place which is not humid and make sure never to keep it in a place which receives direct sunlight.
- Make sure you always shake the nail polish bottle before every application. However, if you get the time just shake them every now and then so that the polish does not dry out easily.
- Also, make sure that you clean off the mouth of your nail polish bottle after using it. This will ensure no paint is left over
bottle, which in turn will ensure no air passes into it.
- Lastly, after you have finished cleaning the mouth of the bottle,
doensure that you close it nice and tight, so even the slightest chance of air passing in is rectified.
Now you are ready to combat any thickened nail polish problems. However, you must understand that these are just some emergency tricks and it is always better to use a proper nail polish thinner for dried polish issues.
Let’s move ahead and learn how to use OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner or any other thinner!
The process of using a nail polish thinner is very easy. Some of these thinners come along with an inbuilt dropper and for
Check out what others had to say about OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner here.
Let us know which your favorite nail lacquer is thinner in the comments below. Heck, if you’ve had a bad experience, we’d love to hear from you too.